You will deal with clogs sooner or later. Don’t wait until the issues getting worse. Here are professional tips on how to avoid clogs in the kitchen sink.
- Don’t ever pour grease down your garbage disposal. Seriously, do everything you can to avoid letting grease get in your pipes. Pour used cooking grease into cans and dispose of in the garbage. Then wipe pans with paper towels before washing.
- Be gentle on your garbage disposal. Don’t use it as a trash can. Scrape plates into the garbage before rinsing or washing.
- Never put starchy or fibrous items in the garbage disposal. Avoid: potato peels, pasta, rice, banana peals, coffee, egg shells
- Clean your pipes with baking soda regularly to prevent buildup. Pour 1cup baking soda into drain, use a spatula to force it in there if you need to.
- Use the baking soda/vinegar method on a regular basis to clean pipes. Pour 1/2 cup baking soda into drain, use a spatula to force it in there if you need to. Pour 1cup vinegar down the drain and quickly cover the drain with a drain cover to force the vinegar and baking side to the clog. Hold it in place until the fizzing stops. Uncover and flush drain with boiling water.
With these helpful tips we wish it can help to prevent clogs in the kitchen sink for you. Please be remind that, you are advised to call for professional plumber if the clogging issue become resolvable by your own